(PoliticalLookout.com)- By now you’ve probably seen the footage of President Donald Trump leaving the White House Press Briefing Room, cool as a cucumber, when Secret Service agents informed him of a shooting that took place outside. The incident took place on Monday during a press conference, and upon returning, President Trump promised that the Secret Service would relay all the facts.
And they did.
In an official statement published online, the United States Secret Service said that a 51-year-old male approached a member of the Secret Service Uniformed Division who was standing at his post on the corner of Pennsylvania Avenue N.W. and 17th Street, outside the White House Complex.
“The suspect approached the officer and told the officer he had a weapon,” the statement said. “The suspect then turned around, ran aggressively towards the officer and in a drawing motion, withdrew an object from his clothing. He then crouched into a shooter’s stance as if he were about to fire a weapon.”
As a result, the Secret Service officer “discharged his weapon striking the individual in the torso.” The suspect was then given first aid and was transported to a local hospital.
“The White House Complex was not breached during the incident and no Secret Service protectees were ever in danger,” the statement continued.
Statement from U.S. Secret Service on officer involved shooting: pic.twitter.com/vMP9ypuNh5
— U.S. Secret Service (@SecretService) August 11, 2020
I’ll take a bet that there will be Democrats calling Trump a coward for leaving the Press Briefing Room when asked, given nobody was in danger. This, despite the fact that officers didn’t know whether there were any more potential attackers in the surrounding area.
Journalists immediately tried to mock the president when he returned to the briefing room, asking if he had been taken to the “bunker” – a reference to the attacks made against the president when he was reportedly escorted to a bunker during the violent BLM riots outside the White House earlier this year.
“The Secret Service Office of Professional Responsibility will be conducting an internal review of the officer’s actions,” the statement added. “The Metropolitan Police Department was contacted to conduct an investigation.”
How long do you think it will be before the left is calling this police brutality?